Thursday, December 26, 2013

Peer Pressure to Drink Alcohol

 

  Photo Courtesy of: http://listcrux.com

My friends are pressuring me to drink?

When I was 12, my sister was in the car, when her friend was drunk and driving (my sister was about 17). No one was dead, thankfully. However, this really scarred my whole family as whole. My sister was badly injured and still visits the hospital. It's been four years now and I'm sixteen. I was at a party and people were pressuring me to take a few shots. I refused, but now people are being a ***** to me at school. I'm afraid of alcohol, and this is just really annoying, Should I tell them what happened to my family? I don't really feel comfortable about it, but...  

 

My Answer: 

There are three ways that you can look at this. Peer pressure is a difficult thing to deal with especially as a teenager, and it can sometimes influence your adult life if you are not careful. So you've got two options. First you can simply tell the people who are being jerks to you at your school that you just do not want to drink. In other words, "It's my decision, and I'm sticking with it." Or you can choose the second option. You can tell them that due to your family history, you choose not to touch a drop of alcohol ever in your life. Or you can tell them that you choose not to drink because you don't like it, and because it's had a bad effect on your family too. 


Also, these people that are giving you the cold shoulder because you won't do something that goes against your beliefs are not worth your time. Be angry at them, and be upset but then after those emotions subside start numbing yourself to whatever they say and do to you. You will look back one day a couple of years form now and be glad that you refused to cave into them pressuring you to do something that you know will ruin your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment